Sometimes you just need a more traditional, creamy coleslaw, am I right?. Although I confess to prefer a less creamy, more vinegary coleslaw in most situations, that just doesn’t always cut it. After all, some things became “traditional” for a reason right?
In even better news, this coleslaw is really delicious. I have memories of coleslaws from childhood cookouts and picnics that seemed to just be a blob of mayonnaise, with a few slivers of of vegetables thrown in. That this is not. It’s still nice and creamy, but still has great flavor and texture.
This is enough coleslaw to top burgers, BBQ, or other dishes for ~4 people. It is not enough to be a stand-alone side dish for your family reunion. Double or triple it if that’s your plan for the day.
- 10oz (pre-mix bag or shredded by yourself) of mixed cabbages and carrots
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 turns of black pepper
- Stir together all of the ingredients except the cabbage mix in a large bowl.
- Once well-combined, add the vegetables and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Can be made in advance.