We’re still pretty (very!) new to this whole blogging thing. And sometimes I really want to write down and publish a recipe, because I liked it enough to have it in our repertoire, but I feel like I have very little creative to say about it. This was my dilemma with this dish. Usually I solve this problem by making Selim, who is by far and away the more creative of this pair, write the post. I couldn’t bully him into it this time, so here we are. Don’t judge too much 😉
We’ve been on a little bit of a kick recently, where we cook meat in the oven all afternoon at a low temperature. So far it’s turned out great! This mustard chicken was our latest experiment. It yielded a tasty and fall-off-the-bone chicken, plus flavorful veggies and broth to accompany it.
Oven Braised Mustard Chicken
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp of liquid from kalamata olives (not oil)
- 10 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 turns of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 chicken drumsticks
- Pre-heat the oven 250 degrees.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except for the chicken, onion, and bell peppers.
- Place the onion and chicken in a casserole dish. Pour the liquid over top.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, and cook for a total of 3 1/2 hours.
- Flip the drumsticks and stir up the liquid once, about halfway through.
- Slice and add the bell peppers to the dish after three hours of cooking / with 30 minutes left.
Leave a Reply