We’re a big Trader Joe’s household, as we’ve probably mentioned a few times. There are several Trader Joe’s staples that we always have around for quick dinners or late night snacks. Their Greco-Roman little pizzas come two to a box and are one of our favorites. So you can imagine our disappointment when two weeks in a row there were not any in the store! What were we supposed to stock our fridge with?? Assuming they were on back-order, we asked a staff member when they’d be back. We were informed that they might have been permanently discontinued!
I was disappointed for a little while, and then I realized that I could recreate our favorite little pizza. While we usually like to post from-scratch recipes on here, I wanted to keep with the quickness and ease of a freezer boxed pizza. And since I was already at Trader Joe’s when I had this brilliant idea – all of the ingredients are from there too!
Easy Weeknight Mediterranean Pizza
Ingredients / What you need at Trader Joe’s 🙂
- 1 package of naan (4 pieces)
- 1 bottle of truffle oil (1 tsp per pizza)
- 1 container of pizza sauce (1-2 tbsp per pizza)
- 1 bag of mozzarella cheese (~1 oz per pizza)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped, divided between pizzas)
- 1 jar kalamata olives (chopped, ~5 per pizza)
- 4oz log goat cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour truffle oil onto each piece of naan. Spread around, all the way to the edges, with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Spoon pizza sauce on next. Spread around, leaving the edges uncovered for a crust.
- Top the sauced area with the shredded cheese.
- Follow this with the red peppers and kalamata olives. Crumble some goat cheese and add a few dollops here and there on top.
- Place directly on the middle rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your edges!