This side dish has a great flavor that belies its simplicity and ease of cooking. I could eat this as a meal (I really love couscous), but it’s perfect as a side dish with pretty much any dish with Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, or North African flavors. I made it tonight with these braised chicken thighs!
Simple Olive Couscous
- 2/3 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 8 kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp juice from olive jar, divided
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Place the couscous, chicken stock, and 1 tbsp of olive juice to a small pot. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a light simmer. Cover and cook for ~12 minutes. (Cooking times and liquid amounts may vary by brand – check your cooking instructions.)
- At the very end, add the olives and other tablespoon of olive juice to the pot. Stir well and re-cover.
- Once all the liquid is absorbed, top with a bit of fresh ground black pepper before serving. See, simple!
Leave a Reply