Update 7/1/17: Soooo… turns out my memory was faulty. After talking with Jon and our other friend/my old roommate Terry, we think I mentally combined Mama Z’s recipe and Terry’s. Too lazy to change the title and the whole post, so we’ll just pretend – but give a quick shout to Terry and my muddled brain as well!
There are some recipes that are so simple, I feel like you can barely call them “recipes.” These cucumbers fit that bill. I have to share them though, because they’re so easy to make and delicious – I’d hate to hold out on the precisely 17 people who follow this blog and are probably desperately wondering how I like to eat my cucumbers 😂😂
My friend Jon taught me how to make these cucumbers years ago, and I’ve been addicted ever since. He learned this quick snack from his mother. I’m pretty sure I still make them they way I was taught… but it was awhile ago. Hopefully so, otherwise I guess I’ll have to change the title of this post🤞🏼🤞🏼 These cucumbers will just take you a minute or two to make and are perfect for lunches or a light snack. Even better, just adjust the proportions for as many cucumbers as you want!
Mama Z’s Cucumbers
(Recipe from my friend Jon’s mom!)
- Equal parts:
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Slice your cucumbers.
- Mix together equal parts of soy sauce & rice wine vinegar. [ie: 1 tbsp soy sauce + 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar; 1/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar; etc]
- Combine the cucumbers with the liquid and place in a dish you can cover and refrigerate.
- Top with a few sprinkles of crushed red pepper flakes (as little or as much as you like in terms of spiciness).
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before snacking.
Fixing these now!!!! Thanks Ally
Sent from my iPhone
LikeLiked by 1 person