This was an easily thrown together dinner from the other night. We almost always have salmon in the fridge and wanted to try something a little different to go with it. So basically, we looked at our fridge and fruit bowl, mixed a few ingredients together, and ended up with an awesome, repeat-worthy dinner!
The “salsa” could easily be modified to include whatever fruits you wanted. The fruits are so sweet and flavorful on their own that they barely need anything else.
Ancho Chili Salmon with Sweet Summer Salsa
- 1 champagne mango
- 1 peach
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium sized yellow onion
- Juice from 1 small lime
- Salt & pepper
- 2 salmon fillets (approximately 5-6oz each)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Ancho chili powder
- Remove salmon from refrigerator. You want it to be room temperature before cooking it.
- Chop fruit and vegetables. Dice the onion finely, but the others should be chopped in slightly bigger chunks. Toss with lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix all of the salmon spices in a small bowl. Heavily season the top of the two fillets.
- Set the oven to broil (low broil if your oven does that). Once hot, place the salmon fillets on foil and put in the oven directly on the top rack. Broil for approximately 10 minutes (may need less or more time depending on size of salmon fillets). Close oven door, but watch closely through the window so fish doesn’t burn.
- Serve salmon over top of the salsa.