I know what you’re thinking… “oh great, another easy roasted chicken recipe, how original.” What it lacks in originality, it definitely makes up for with flavor. If you want more spice, through in some cayenne or your favorite hot sauce (Sriracha, Tabasco, Frank’s Red Hot, etc) or try adding some Kalamata olives (mmm… umami!) for a little twist. As always, save those bones to make a great stock in the future, you can freeze them for later. I know this is short, but I’m exhausted, my cardiac rotation is kicking my butt. Side-note: we’re open to renaming this chicken recipe as it’s probably not exactly Tex-Mex, and we’re not exactly the most imaginative recipe-namers. Leave us a creative name in the comments!
Roasted Tex-Mex Chicken
- 2 lbs of bone-in, skinless chicken portions
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 Roma tomato, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt + additional to taste
- Juice of 1/2 of a lime
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Place the chicken portions into a glass baking dish.
- Mix together all of the rest of the ingredients. Pour over top of the chicken.
- Bake the dish for ~1 1/2 hours. Confirm internal temperature of 165 degrees as per the FDA 🙂
- Serve over rice or similar.
Leave a Reply