I had a great month of May in terms of a rotation I was doing for school. I loved it and learned so much! On my last day, I wanted to bring a little treat for the staff who taught me and worked with me for the past few weeks. I couldn’t decide what to make, but ruled out cookies because the hospital frequently provides trays of cookies that are pretty darn good. And I’m generally exhausted during the middle of the week, so I wanted to make something pretty simple. I came up with the idea for these, essentially extrapolating from a thought of Rice Krispy Treats! These are so easy to make and are delicious!! You can’t go wrong. You could easily throw these together for some sort of last minute get-together or other situation.
(Also. I forgot to take pictures. So all you get is a quick shot of the 2 bites I saved for Selim.)
Mint Chocolate Bars
- 1 standard sized box of Mint Oreos
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 bag of large marshmallows (5 cups)
- 20 pieces Andes candy, chopped
- Place the Oreos in a large plastic bag and smash with a mallet. Don’t smash them too finely.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add the marshmallows and cover. Keep on low heat.
- Remove the lid every 3-4 minutes and stir. The marshmallows will melt and eventually combine with the butter.
- Once the butter and marshmallows are melted and combined, pour in the crushed Oreos. Working quickly, stir to coat the cookies in the marshmallow/butter. Remove from heat.
- Lastly, add the chopped Andes candy. They will quickly begin to melt. Stir ASAP to get the candy spread throughout.
- Scoop the mixture into a glass baking dish (8×8). Spread out evenly.
- Allow to cool entirely. Once cooled, slice with a sharp knife.
- Try not to eat them all before you share with friends!