We made this light lemon aioli to dip our Shrimp Beignets in, which was a nice contrast the the fried spiciness of the beignets. This aioli is light and almost delicate – not so sour as to make your mouth pucker! It worked great as a dip for our beignets, but I think it would pair well with all sorts of seafood-based dishes.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup neutral oil
- Zest from 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place garlic and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Zest the lemon into the bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the oil into the bowl, whisking continuously.
- Once base has come together, stir in the lemon juice.
- Refrigerate if not eating immediately.