One of the greatest things about having a baby (other than, you know, the birth of a new human) is the fact that everyone brings you food. We’ve had some great meals and treats over the past 10 days courtesy of our wonderful friends and family. The only bad thing… sometimes we can’t quite finish everything! Ally’s aunt brought us a big box of bagels earlier this week, and the last few were starting to get stale. What to do…? Make bagel chips!
This is just about the easiest thing we’ve ever done and instead of wasting the last two bagels, we now have a bag of bagel chips for snacking! The possibilities are essentially endless. These two bagels we used were everything bagels, so we kept the seasoning savory. If you had a leftover sweet bagel, you could season with cinnamon or something else.
Easy Bagel Chips
- 2 stale bagels
- 1/4 cup oil
- Herbs and/or spices – we used:
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Sprinkle of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Slice the bagels into similarly sized pieces.
- Toss with the oil and then spread onto a foil-lined cookie sheet. Ensure the chips are in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp.