Happy Labor Day Weekend! The unofficial end of summer has arrived. You’d be hard-pressed to know that here though, given that it’s going to be sunny and in the upper 80s. We’re spending our weekend at “The Land” as we call it – in rural Amherst County. While we still have the last remnants of summer with us, here are some bright, summery muffins with summer favorite blueberries. These muffins come together pretty easily and are juicy and tart, not overly sweet. The perfect thing to have available for snacking over a long weekend!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
(Adapted from here!)
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup neutral oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large lemon (zested & juiced)
- 6oz fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, sift together the first four dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, milk, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, as the mixer is running. Mix until well-combined.
- Gently stir the blueberries in by hand.
- Spoon into lined muffin tins. Bake for 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to sit until cool enough to handle.