Today is the day folks! We’re finally blogging Selim’s chocolate chip cookies, as we’ve been threatening since the beginning of this blog. Selim has been perfecting his chocolate cookies for years, and he finally has it down. There’s a reason for everything. Obviously, perfect is in the eyes of the beholder, but he’s tweaked it to achieve Selim perfection. So give it a whirl and see what you think!
THE Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g butter, room temperature & chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 eggs, by weight*
- 220g AP flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 6oz milk chocolate chips
- 6oz semi-sweet chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the salt and sugar. Cream together.
- *Crack both eggs into a glass. Beat them with a fork. Weigh and remove 1/4 of the eggs by weight.* Add the eggs and beat for several more minutes.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients. Beat until incorporated and smooth.
- Stir the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Scoop dough out by the spoonful. Use two spoons to scrape on a Silpat or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in batches for 10-12 minutes and then cool on a wire rack.